Camp Nawakwa is located in the beautiful Barton Flats Area of the San Bernardino Mountains. The private 14-acre site is in the middle of the National Forest, therefore, it offers much more than just what is contained within its boundaries. Nawakwa sits at an elevation of 6850’ at the northern foot of the San Gorgonio Wilderness. Being accredited by the American Camping Association assures Camp Nawakwa attendees that they will receive the highest standards and outstanding service.
Majestic Ponderosa, Jeffrey Pine and Black Oak trees shade the camp and the surrounding hiking trails. Nawakwa is ideal for large groups. There are many buildings that can serve as sleeping cabins; the main lodge/dining hall can be used as a roomy in-door meeting area; and there are many quiet outdoor spots to work in or to just enjoy.
Angelus Oaks is the nearest town. It has a restaurant, post office, medical and fire squads.
We invite you to come see our facilities so that you may book your next group retreat with us.
For more information or reservations call: (909) 466-5878 ext. 224 or email us at email@example.com
Reservations and Rates
Reservations accepted 8 - 12 months in advance.
Camp Nawakwa Rental Rate:
$22 per person, per night (with a seasonal group minimum)
- Fall/Winter/Spring Seasons (Starts after Labor Day Weekend) : 50 people
- Summer Season (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend) : 80 people
Food & Lodging Packages:
CHECK OUT OUR DISCOUNTED RATES
3 meals, 1 night
5 meals, 2 nights
- Daily: This includes 1 night of accommodation, 3 meals, and general use of the facility and clean up of kitchen and dining hall.
- Weekend: This includes 2 nights of accommodation with 5 meals: Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast or Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch. Also included is general use of the facility and clean up of kitchen and dining hall.
- Additional meals are available for $9.00 per meal per person.
- An advance reservation fee is due when Rental Agreement is signed, with balance of rental fee payable prior to commencement of rental term.
- A refundable security deposit ($300 for groups staying 2 nights or less, $500 for groups staying 3 nights or more)
- Groups must do their own cooking and cleanup. Cook (s) must have a San Bernardino County Food Handlers Permit
- Proof of insurance naming Camp Fire USA Mt. San Antonio Council, as Additional Insured
- For more information on dates and availability, contact Camp Fire USA at 909-466-5878 ext. 224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Lodge and Kitchen
- Tables for 160 diners
- Huge fireplace; lots of windows
- Commercial kitchen with 4 ovens, stove, grill, walk-in refrigerator & freezer, large mixer, commercial dishwasher, utensils and dishes
- Four separate rooms with shower/bathrooms
- Lockable Medicine Cabinets
- Small Refrigerator
- Rental groups are required to have a nurse or first aid professional on site
- Cabins are completely winterized with heaters and electricity
- Restroom facilities each have several sinks, showers and flush toilets; all have hot water and are heated
- All cabins have bunks or cots with mattresses; rental groups must provide their own linens, pillows and blankets
- 225 beds – Summer
- 190 beds – Fall/Winter/Spring
- Cabins sleep 2 -20 people
- Cabins sleep 3 - 16 people per cabin (cabin size varies)
- Large fire ring/amphitheater type fire area with bench seating for 200
- 17' x 14' stage area
- Electrical lights for evening use
- 220 volt electrical outlet by stage
- Fire ring is not available during all season, and subject to Forestry Department restrictions
- Six targets and ground quivers
- Bows, arrows, arm guards, and finger tabs available for rental
- Available all year
- 60’ long, fenced and heated
- Diving board and sun deck
- Nearby showers/dressing rooms
- Pool is available June - August
- Rental groups are required to have certified lifeguard present during all pool activities
- 30 foot climbing wall with 2 belay posts
- Ropes, harnesses, carabineers, and helmets are available for rental
- Must have a qualified instructor with current certification
- Available all year
- ¾ mile hike from Nawakwa
- Canoes are available for use June - August
- Fishing from shoreline (fishing license required)
- Restrooms, picnic areas, BBQ’s (must reserve)
- Rental groups are required to have certified lifeguard present during all swimming and boating activities
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil rights, Room 326-W, Whitten building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964. USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.